Showing 1 job online
- Location: Lancaster
- Organisation: University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust (UHMBT)
- Type: 1 year fixed term contract
- Closing Date: 18/12/2018
Volunteers are a vital part of our success
We are looking for volunteers to support and assist the Macmillan Cancer Information Service within your local hospital.
As a volunteer you will contribute to an information and Support Service while welcoming and greeting visitors, making people feel comfortable, listening to and sign posting people to the appropriate service or Healthcare Professional.
You will be part of the Macmillan cancer Information and Support team with your local hospital.
- In addition to your Trust Induction, you will have regular meetings with the cancer Information and Support Manager.
- You will have access to regular debriefs /emotional support and the opportunity for volunteer peer support and regular get-togethers
- You will have access to the Macmillan Learn zone for ongoing learning and development.
We are keen to hear from you if you can spare a few hours each week / month to support us within our new Macmillan Cancer Information service.
Ideally we are looking for volunteers with the following skills:
- Good communication with a friendly nature.
- The ability to listen to and respond to people sensitively.
- Robust customer service skills, helpful with a positive attitude.
- Confidence to deal with and support distressed people.
- Basic cancer awareness (training will be provided)
- Willingness to commit to role related training
- Basic literacy and IT skills are desirable but not essential.