Showing 1 job online
- Location: Across Morecambe Bay
- Organisation: University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust (UHMBT)
- Salary: £20,150 - £23,363 per annum
- Type: Fixed term for 12 months
- Closing Date: 27/09/2018
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Band 4 Patient Navigator supporting the Endoscopy Team.
As Patient Navigator you will be responsible for supporting the Teams within Cancer Services that deliver care to patients within Colorectal Cancer and Upper GI Tumour Groups.
You will provide admin support to the existing teams that get a patient from a referral into the service, through the various point of their cancer journey up to the point of the ‘first definitive treatment’. You will therefore support the Hospital booking teams, the Cancer Multidisciplinary Team Coordinators, the Cancer Clinical Nurse Specialists and the Cancer Managers. Whilst this post is an employment within a local Trust (and is based in a local Trust), the post is part of a transformational programme within the Lancashire & South Cumbria Cancer Alliance.
You will be expected to work collaboratively and co-operatively with clinical colleagues to develop and maintain services and quality of care delivered and work within a speciality team to manage the patient pathway taking into consideration all aspects of that pathway to include: – NHS national performance targets – Track and pursue all results ensuring they are managed appropriately
– Ensure all patients receive appointments in a timely fashion and any other aspect of managing the patient pathway.
– Act as Supervisor / Team Leader for the Waiting List Office The post holder will work with other Patient Navigators (PN) to ensure timely care and optimal waiting list management for all patients in relevant specialities.
Due to the nature of the role, experience and knowledge of Endoscopy would be desirable.
The hours will be 37.5 per week, and the post will be based at RLI or FGH.
Anyone newly appointed to the trust will be subject to the completion of a satisfactory 6 month probationary period (this includes bank staff). This will give the new staff member an opportunity to become familiar with the role and working environment.