Showing 2 jobs online
- Location: Lancaster
- Organisation: University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust (UHMBT)
- Type: 1 year fixed term contract
- Closing Date: 21/10/2018
Information Desk/ Meet and Greet Volunteer at Royal Lancaster Infirmary
Volunteers play a very important role in the NHS. Working in a range of settings and providing a variety of services alongside paid staff, volunteers are often a key part of patient services.
Main purpose of role:
To assist in the provision of a welcoming and accommodating hospital environment.
Main tasks/overview of responsibilities
1.To provide guidance and way finding to patients, visitors and staff around the main hospital site.
2. To assist with the transportation of patients to and from appointments across the hospital site.
3. To assist patients in obtaining basic information about the hospital and their appointment.
4. To assist in the hospital environment ensuring it’s equipped to accommodate patients and visitors.
Please note: This post is NOT subject to Disclosure & Barring Service checking, (formally CRB) therefore NO charge will be made to successful candidates.
- Location: Morecambe
- Organisation: GP and GP Practice Jobs
- Salary: £75,249 per annum
- Type: 1 year fixed term contract
Bay Medical Group is very pleased to have secured support from HEE NW to offer 2 posts under the Post CCT Fellowship Programme.
The posts at this Practice, paid over 10 sessions (there may be opportunity for a 0.8 FTE post) will provide the successful applicants with the opportunity to work in new and developing services, alongside usual GP work and CPD:
- the post holder will work as part of the newly developing visiting and urgent care service for 4 sessions (2 days) per week
- 4 sessions (2 days) working in more chronic ongoing surgeries with longer appointments
- 2 sessions (1 day) for continuing professional development, supervised and supported by the practice
There will be opportunities to develop more specific skills in education (working with medical students), management and leadership or a clinical area and the final timetable will be discussed on appointment.
Medical defence costs will be covered by the Practice for the duration of the post.
BAY MEDICAL GROUP:
Bay Medical Group has merged all the practices in Morecambe and now has about 54000 patients. We are committed to developing a wide team of people to look after our patients and develop the practice along the lines of the GP Five Year Forward View (FYFV).
We are innovative practice and in addition to all the usual practice staff and doctors we have
- A highly skilled medicine management team with 8 pharmacists, 2 of whom are on the Pharmacist in Practice scheme training to be Clinical Pharmacists and support staff
- A team of Advanced Nurse Practitioners
- A Trainee Advanced Paramedic Practitioner who works as part of urgent care, with a second trainee starting in mid-August.
- Two care coordinators who review people with identified frailty.
- We are investing in the development of our own Mental Health Team and have employed a Lead Mental Health Practitioner to develop this service.
We are considering how Physician Associates can be an actively part of this diverse and growing skill mix.
We are currently working hard to develop links to third sector organisations.
Come join us:
The post is available to newly qualified GPs who are within 2 years completion of specialist training and have not as yet taken a substantive post. It will benefit recently qualified GPs by enabling them to work across the practice over the period of the fellowship, working with different teams and developing new services